Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rebirth


Tired of being tucked into winter's white duvet,
I'm seeking for spring, looking for an 'away'
wanting the rebirth from the spring warm sun
and wishing for those green grasses to come.


And yet we can't complain, not really.
It's been so nice and sweet this winter.
Snow for sliding, warm sun for basking.
Makes little boys so happy and mama's too.


I do think, though, that the dogs
know the rebirth of spring best.
They can smell the earth 'wakening
and hear her stirring beneath.

Spring has so many wonders
waiting to burst forth and out.
But we shouldn't waste the fun
of playing in the snow!

Rebirth comes while we wait.
But what we do while waiting
is what makes the life worth
birthing again and again.

While I love spring and growing, this winter being so mild has given us snow and days to play outside until we are wet and tired. A perfect balance for late winter, don't you think?


I wanted to write something more 'heavy' on the Poets United "Rebirth" prompt but who can be deep and serious on a day when the snow hills are calling for laughing boys to slide and silly dogs to run?

6 comments:

Raining Iguanas said...

I knew I would enjoy your submission for this prompt before I got here. Glad you didn't go heavy.

Mystic_Mom said...

Aww...thank you! That is a wonderful thing to say...so glad you came by!

booguloo said...

Thanks for the morning appreciation and smile.

Mystic_Mom said...

Thank you so much for coming by...glad it gave you a smile :-)

Ella said...

Fun to read, with great imagery! Love your photos

Mystic_Mom said...

Thanks Ella! :-) I have great models! ha ha

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some of your words...bright blessings!