Thursday, March 10, 2011

Warm Sunshine, Almost Spring?

I bundled up this morning - the usual for winter oriented people and the it hit me.  The sun is warmer now! What a wonderful thing to stand there, bucket of bird seed in one hand and scoop in the other, turning my face to the sun and just feeling it!  Warmth! The promise of spring!






I dared to say it!  The forecasters can do their best to deter me but I believe that spring is coming.  "Cold and wet spring ahead" they warn us.  Floods, more snow, storms and the like but all I can hear are birds singing and all I can see is snow melting and I can hear the joy in my little boy's voice!


We played in the lightly falling snow last night.  It was warm for us and we had a wonderful time.  It wasn't quite spring but we are getting closer.

Waiting for spring to wake up is hard to do!  We touch the trees, and imagine we hear them starting to rouse from their winter slumber.  We watch the cows and horses run and play, wishing for grass instead of hay.  The birds sing of trees, bugs, flowers and nests instead of dry old seeds and dog water. 

We sort our winter gear and get ready to trade it for spring coats and boots.

I KNOW we may have more winter yet and I'm sure spring will be the shy girl we expect her to be and that's okay.  Just knowing she is on her way is enough to lighten my heart!  It is enough to get my fingers itching for soil and my eyes are drawn to the tin bowl full of seed packets.  Waiting for spring.



How do you wait for spring?

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Spring as a "shy girl" - I like that. Lovely post.

nancydotslash said...

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind lows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." -Charles Dickens

Mystic_Mom said...

Thanks for coming by Deborah - and yes Spring does seem to be a 'shy girl' to me although sometimes she can be very bold! :-)

Nancy - what a perfect quote! Thank you for sharing it...exactly!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some of your words...bright blessings!